getting started

Getting Started for Your Driving Lessons

Before you can drive a car on our roads, you need to hold a Provisional Driving License, the application form is available from any post office. You can also apply for this in preparation for a 17th birthday.

driving tutition Ibstock, Coalville

You should be able to read a number plate from 20.5m (67 feet), with glasses, or contact lenses if usually worn.

Before you can take your Practical Driving Test, you need to pass the Theory/Hazard Perception Test. This test can be booked on-line, by post or by telephone to the Driving Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).  Beware of web sites that are not DVSA, as some offer poor customer service, and cost more than the current government test fee (£23).

The theory test involves multi-choice questions followed by computer generated clips of everyday driving scenarios, where you have to identify the hazards. I can recommend books and CDROMs that will help you to pass this test. The Highway Code book also provides essential information that you must learn.

Further information can be found on and or you can contact me via email from our contact page or by telephone on 07540 167147 or Coalville / Whitwick (01530) 813577.